Short Message Services (SMS)
DGB customers receives SMS in two options from Debub Global Bank SMS System. The SMS Banking uses Short Code *8027# to alert customer:
Short Message Alert: Customers receive alert message when their accounts are debited or credited. So that customers can monitor their
Short Message broadcasting: the bank broadcasts SMS to customers; shareholders and public when it is required
Online Banking Services
Customers can manage to their accounts using internet web browsers, mobile Application, and mobile line from anywhere anytime (24/7) once they get registered and have their own user name and passwords.
DGB provides its online banking services in three options or applications: Internet Banking; Mobile banking (mobile Apps); and USSD
DGB provides its online banking services in three options or applications: Internet Banking; Mobile banking (mobile Apps); and USSD.
- Internet banking: is a secured online application that lets customers manage their accounts using Internet browser from their computer or mobile phone.
- is a secured online application that lets customers manage their accounts using mobile apps which have internet connection.
Download from Play Store/Apple Store (“Global Bank Mobile”)
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) in an online menu-based application allows users manage their accounts with DGB SMS code (*9335#) using their mobile phone line without internet connection.
customers can check their account balances
Fund Transfer (FT):
DGB IB has diversified FT services. Using FT, customers can transfer to:
His/her own account;
Other accounts of DGB;
Other bank accounts instantly, and within one day.
Own telebirr accounts, and others telebirr accounts
Air ticket bills
To social media accounts; mobile numbers; and email accounts
customers can recharge his/her own or others mobiles
Manage their own debit cards: customers can block or unblock their cards when they need.
DGB has also integrated to the following e-payment systems:
- Derash System: Ethiopian Revenue and Customs AuthorityTax Remittance System through an added module called FinPay.
- Ethiopian Automated Transfer System (EATS): to handle electronic cheque clearance activities and Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) by using ChequePoint Clearing & Truncation Ready System (CTS). The bank is handling the clearing and settlement of cheques, Electronic Fund Transfers (EFTs), Direct debits and RTGS.
- Ethiopian Commodity Exchange (ECX) system: an organized market place, where buyers and sellers come together to trade, assured of quality, quantity, payment, and delivery. The Bank is using ECX provided system to facilitate its customers to trade through Ethiopian Commodity Exchange market place. DGB has interface its FLEXCUBE core banking system and ECX system.
- SWIFT System: Debub Global Bank uses SWIFT cloud service to send and receive financial messages such as letters of credit, payments, and securities, between its correspondent banks worldwide.
- Different Money Transfer systems: DGB uses the following partner supplied Web based international money transfer systems to provide instant international money transfer services to its customers:
- Western Union,
- Trans-fast Money,
- Xpress Money,
- Ria, and
- WorldRemit money